We use cookies on this site to ensure the most desirable user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are giving implied consent. Find out more.

Obtaining a UK Sponsorship Licence for a Care Home

Contents | Show more +

Our priority is to provide the best service to elderly clients from all over the world. We want our patients to feel at home, so we are looking to employ foreign specialists. It turned out that it was difficult to obtain a UK sponsorship licence. We got in touch with Imperial & Legal who sorted it for us.

Edward Banksley
The owner of a care home chain
Clients’ names and photos have been changed

It started with an unusual telephone call where we were offered cooperation. A caller could not explain properly how our companies could help each other, but in the end, we established what was needed. 

It was a care home chain Care & Concern. According to their rules, when a person settles in, relatives discuss a care plan. They had recently seen a big intake of foreign clients. It required the staff who should be both professionals and speak their clients’ language for them to feel included.

Сare & Concern decided to employ foreign nurses for their patients and came to Imperial & Legal for help.

Our Client 

Edward Banksley is the owner of a care home chain Care & Concern. This company works closely with the NHS and local councils to provide its patients with a full range of healthcare and supplementary services.

More and more foreign clients have moved to the care home over the last few years. Therefore, they have to hire foreign staff. 

Care & Concern needs to make sure their patients feel comfortable and could speak their language as part of their commitment to providing the highest standards of service. The solution was to employ foreign staff from all over the world. 

The Challenge 

Obtain a UK sponsorship licence for a care home. 

The Solution

According to UK Immigration Rules, a company that wants to employ foreign workers must get a UK sponsorship licence

The Home Office has simplified the requirements for care homes to sponsor foreign staff so owners of care homes can do it through a UK Skilled Worker route. It has become easier to employ foreigners after Brexit because a company no longer needs to prove that they could not find a required specialist either in the UK or the EU.

Imperial & Legal’s advisors set off to work on the application to obtain a sponsorship licence straight away as it was needed urgently. Edward sent the required documents and our specialists submitted an online application.

However, there were some difficulties in identifying the type of company, as Care & Concern was registered as a Private Partnership (not LLP) and not a limited company (Ltd or Limited). And the owner failed to inform our advisors about it. The initial list of documents had to be extended and the application had to be restructured.

Imperial & Legal’s specialists explained to Edward how to employ foreign employees after getting a sponsorship licence and monitor their activities. Care & Concern must fulfil its obligations both to foreign employees, providing good working conditions and a minimum level of pay, and to the UK immigration authorities by following immigration rules.

Edward Banksley obtains a UK sponsorship licence in 1 month

1 May
Getting in touch with Imperial & Legal
+3 weeks
Applying for a sponsorship licence
within 10 days through the fast-track process
Obtaining a sponsorship licence
30 May
The client obtains a UK sponsorship licence


A UK sponsorship licence was obtained in just two weeks. Care & Concern can now legally employ foreign staff who will meet all the criteria to care for elderly people.

Edward Banksley is happy he got in touch with Imperial & Legal. We have signed an agreement to provide immigration support for future foreign workers.

Tired of getting general advice?

We will work with you to find a customised solution for your immigration, second citizenship, business, tax and other needs.